- a (2R)-hydroxy-carboxylate + acceptor a 2-oxo-carboxylate + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (2R)-hydroxy-carboxylate:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include (2R)-hydroxycarboxylate-viologen-oxidoreductase, HVOR, and 2-oxoacid reductase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Trautwein T, Krauss F, Lottspeich F, Simon H (1994). "The (2R)-hydroxycarboxylate-viologen-oxidoreductase from Proteus vulgaris is a molybdenum-containing iron-sulphur protein". Eur. J. Biochem. 222: 1025&ndash, 32. PMID 8026480.
- Neumann S and Simon H (1985). "On a non-pyridine nucleotide-dependent 2-oxoacid reductase of broad specificity from two Proteus species". FEBS Lett. 167: 29&ndash, 32.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 115299-99-5.