- 2-methylbutanoyl-CoA + acceptor 2-methylbut-2-enoyl-CoA + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-methylbutanoyl-CoA:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include branched-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, 2-methyl branched chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, and 2-methylbutanoyl-CoA:(acceptor) oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Ikeda Y, Dabrowski C, Tanaka K (1983). "Separation and properties of five distinct acyl-CoA dehydrogenases from rat liver mitochondria. Identification of a new 2-methyl branched chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase". J. Biol. Chem. 258: 1066&ndash, 76. PMID 6401712.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 85130-32-1.