- 2-dehydropantoate 3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate + formaldehyde
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the aldehyde-lyases, which cleave carbon-carbon bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-dehydropantoate formaldehyde-lyase (3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate-forming). Other names in common use include ketopantoaldolase, and 2-dehydropantoate formaldehyde-lyase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- McIntosh EN, Purko M and Wood WA (1957). "Ketopantoate formation by a hydroxymethylation enzyme from Escherichia coli". J. Biol. Chem. 228: 499&ndash, 510.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-51-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 4.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|