- 2,3-dihydroxyindole + O2 anthranilate + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on single donors with O2 as oxidant and incorporation of two atoms of oxygen into the substrate (oxygenases). The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2,3-dihydroxyindole:oxygen 2,3-oxidoreductase (decyclizing). This enzyme participates in tryptophan metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Fujioka M, Wada H (1968). "The bacterial oxidation of indole". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 158: 70&ndash, 8. PMID 5652436.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37256-62-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.13 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|