- succinyl-CoA + (S)-2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate + H2O CoA + N-succinyl-L-2-amino-6-oxoheptanedioate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is succinyl-CoA:(S)-2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate N-succinyltransferase. Other names in common use include tetrahydropicolinate succinylase, tetrahydrodipicolinate N-succinyltransferase, tetrahydrodipicolinate succinyltransferase, succinyl-CoA:tetrahydrodipicolinate N-succinyltransferase, succinyl-CoA:2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate, and N-succinyltransferase. This enzyme participates in lysine biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Simms SA, Voige WH, Gilvarg C (1984). "Purification and characterization of succinyl-CoA: tetrahydrodipicolinate N-succinyltransferase from Escherichia coli". J. Biol. Chem. 259: 2734&ndash, 41. PMID 6365916.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 88086-34-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|