- 2'-hydroxy-2,3-dihydrodaidzein + NADP+ 2'-hydroxydaidzein + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2'-hydroxy-2,3-dihydrodaidzein:NADP+ 2'-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include NADPH:2'-hydroxydaidzein oxidoreductase, HDR, and 2'-hydroxydihydrodaidzein:NADP+ 2'-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in isoflavonoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Fischer D, Ebenau-Jehle C, Grisebach H (1990). "Phytoalexin synthesis in soybean: purification and characterization of NADPH:2'-hydroxydaidzein oxidoreductase from elicitor-challenged soybean cell cultures". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 276: 390&ndash, 5. PMID 2306102.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 126125-01-7.