- a 16alpha-hydroxysteroid + NAD(P)+ a 16-oxosteroid + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 16alpha-hydroxysteroid:NAD(P)+ 16-oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called 16alpha-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Meigs RA, Ryan KJ (1966). "16-alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase of rat kidney. Purification, assay, and properties". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 4011&ndash, 5. PMID 4380686.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-74-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|