- 3alpha,7alpha,12beta-trihydroxy-5beta-cholanate + NADP+ 3alpha,7alpha-dihydroxy-12-oxo-5beta-cholanate + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 12beta-hydroxysteroid:NADP+ 12-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 12beta-hydroxy steroid (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate), and dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Edenharder R, Pfutzner A (1988). "Characterization of NADP-dependent 12 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase from Clostridium paraputrificum". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 962: 362&ndash, 70. PMID 3167086.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 118390-62-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|