- 3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholanate + NADP+ 3alpha,7alpha-dihydroxy-12-oxo-5beta-cholanate + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 12alpha-hydroxysteroid:NADP+ 12-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 12alpha-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase, 12alpha-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase, NAD+-dependent 12alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and NADP+-12alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. This enzyme is involved in a metabolic pathway that degrades bile acids into cholesterol.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- MacDonald IA, Mahony DE, Jellet JF, Meier CE (1977). "NAD-dependent 3alpha- and 12alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activities from Eubacterium lentum ATCC no. 25559". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 489: 466&ndash, 76. PMID 201289.
- Mahony DE, Meier CE, Macdonald IA, Holdeman LV (1977). "Bile salt degradation by nonfermentative clostridia". Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 34: 419&ndash, 23. PMID 921266.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 61642-40-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|