- 2-trans,6-trans-farnesyl diphosphate (+)-delta-cadinene + diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically those carbon-oxygen lyases acting on phosphates. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-trans,6-trans-farnesyl-diphosphate diphosphate-lyase (cyclizing, (+)-delta-cadinene-forming). This enzyme participates in terpenoid biosynthesis. It employs one cofactor, magnesium.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Chen XY, Chen Y, Heinstein P, Davisson VJ (1995). "Cloning, expression, and characterization of (+)-delta-cadinene synthase: a catalyst for cotton phytoalexin biosynthesis". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 324: 255&ndash, 66. PMID 8554317.
- Davis EM, Tsuji J, Davis GD, Pierce ML, Essenberg M (1996). "Purification of (+)-delta-cadinene synthase, a sesquiterpene cyclase from bacteria-inoculated cotton foliar tissue". Phytochemistry. 41: 1047&ndash, 55. PMID 8728715.
- Davis GD, Essenberg M (1995). "(+)-delta-Cadinene is a product of sesquiterpene cyclase activity in cotton". Phytochemistry. 39: 553&ndash, 567.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 166800-09-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes