Sara Mehrsefat, M.D.
January 2003 – March 2010
- Medical degree (M.D) from Islamic Azad University, Tehran Faculty of medicine, Iran.
- ECFMG Certified – February 2015.
- Registered general practitioner, Iran.
June 2016 Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- Presently, I am a research assistant working with Dr. C. Michael Gibson. This research is a cardiovascular imaging and medical education study group known as PERFUSE Study Group. I am working on the medical textbook, WikiDoc, as a contributor/editor. I am also an author for medical content specific to my particular areas of research. In addition, there are opportunities for exposure to various aspects of clinical trials management.
August 2015 – January 2016 at Providence Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program, Washington, D.C, USA
- Research Assistant in a topic entitled "If basal bolus is superior to sliding scale insulin"
- Worked on Electronic Medical Records of 600 patients; collected, coded and entered demographic data. Reviewed multiple articles, studied the statistical analysis and interpretation using the data
April 2015 – July 2015 at Providence Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program, Washington, D.C, USA
- (Extern) Worked with team including Residents, Attending Faculty Physicians and Case Managers in order to provide the most appropriate care, decrease the hospital course, accelerated referrals and transition of care
- Provided direct care for 4 to 5 patients on the general wards daily, wrote all progress notes, considered the appropriate assessment & plan for every patient
- Collaborated with electronic medical records (EMRs) and used Ward Manager application system on a daily basis to document and review patients’ data
May 2012 – July 2014 at Garmsar, Iran
- Physician (Volunteer) at rural medical center, treated refugees in undersered rural and suburban area, educated families about the importance of health screenings, immunizations, and preventive practices that ensure
continued health and wellness, sought donations and provided patients with free care and medications purchased with funding from donors and sponsors
April 2010 – July 2012 at Eyvanekey Health Care Center, Semnan, Iran
- Worked at a primary health care center in a rural/suburban area. Was involved in direct in-patient and out-patient care, early morning rounds, history taking, routine checking of vital statistics, sample drawing for investigations, patient chart preparation and also assisted senior doctors with diagnosis and treatment of patients.
April 2008 – March 2010 at Azad University, Tehran Faculty of Medicine, Iran
- I worked as an Intern in my medical school for a period of complete 20 months. I was posted in various departments like Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics /Gynecology and Community Medicine.
- Co-author in a paper entitled "Prevalence of Precore Mutant and Renal Disease In HBs-Ag Carrier ", presented at the "21st Internal Medicine Congress" at Tehran, Iran on March 2010
Extra Curricular Activities
- Received numerous certificates, gold and silver medals in swimming, table tennis and athletics (100m and 800m).
- Attended CMEs (continued medical education) on various topics.