|SMILES||CC1=C(SC=[N+]1CC2=CN= C(N=C2N)C)CCOP(=O) (O)OP(=O)(O)OP(=O)(O)[O-]|
| Except where noted otherwise, data are given for|
materials in their standard state
(at 25 °C, 100 kPa)
Infobox disclaimer and references
It has been proposed that ThTP has a specific role in nerve excitability but this has never been confirmed and recent results suggest that ThTP probably plays a role in cell energy metabolism.  Moreover some results suggesting that ThTP deficiency is responsible for subacute necrotizing encephalopathy or Leigh's disease have not been confirmed. 
In E. coli, ThTP is accumulated in the presence of glucose during amino acid starvation.  On the other hand, suppression of the carbon source leads to the accumulation, of adenosine thiamine triphosphate (AThTP).
In all those studies, ThTP was separated from other thiamine derivatives using a paper chromatographic method, followed by oxidation in fluorescent thiochrome compounds with ferricyanide in alkaline solution.
This method is at best semi-quantitative, and the development of liquid chromatographic methods suggested that ThTP represents far less than 10 % of total thiamine in animal tissues and bacteria.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Makarchikov AF, Lakaye B, Gulyai IE, Czerniecki J, Coumans B, Wins P, Grisar T & Bettendorff L. (2003) Thiamine triphosphate and thiamine triphosphatase activities: from bacteria to mammals. Cell Mol Life Sci 60(7):1477-1488.
- ↑ Matsuda T & Cooper JR. (1981) Thiamine as an integral component of brain synaptosomal membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 78(9):5886-5889.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Lakaye B, Wirtzfeld B, Wins P, Grisar T & Bettendorff L. (2004) Thiamine triphosphate, a new signal required for optimal growth of Escherichia coli during amino acid starvation. J Biol Chem 279(17):17142-17147.
- ↑ Cooper JR, Itokawa Y & Pincus JH. (1969) Thiamine triphosphate deficiency in subacute necrotizing encephalomyelopathy. Science 164(875):74-75.
- ↑ Lakaye B., Makarchikov A.F., Fernandes Antunes A., Zorzi W., Coumans B., De Pauw E., Wins P., Grisar T. & Bettendorff L. (2002) Molecular characterization of a specific thiamine triphosphatase widely distributed in mammalian tissues. J Biol Chem 277: 13771-13777.
- ↑ Velluz et al. 1948
- ↑ Rossi-Fanelli et al. 1952
- ↑ Kiessling 1953
- ↑ Greiling and Kiesow 1958
- ↑ Yusa 1961
- ↑ Rindi and Giuseppe 1961
- ↑ Rossi-Fanelli et al. 1961
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies