- pyridoxamine + oxaloacetate <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> pyridoxal + L-aspartate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is pyridoxamine:oxaloacetate aminotransferase. This enzyme participates in vitamin b6 metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Wada H and Snell EE (1962). "Enzymatic transamination of pyridoxamine. I. With oxaloacetate and alpha-ketoglutarate". J. Biol. Chem. 237: 127–132.
- Wu, HLC and Mason M (1964). "Pyridoxamine-oxaloacetic transaminase of rat kidney". J. Biol. Chem. 239: 1492–1497.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37277-88-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies