- ATP + L-homoserine <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> ADP + O-phospho-L-homoserine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:L-homoserine O-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include homoserine kinase (phosphorylating), and HSK. This enzyme participates in glycine, serine and threonine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- FLAVIN M, SLAUGHTER C (1960). "Purification and properties of threonine synthetase of Neurospora". J. Biol. Chem. 235: 1103–8. PMID 13823379.
- Watanabe Y, Konishi S and Shimura K (Tokyo). "Biosynthesis of threonine from homoserine. VI. Homoserine kinase". J. Biochem.: 299–307.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-58-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies