Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada is a registered Canadian charity. The foundation's purpose is centered around educating individuals about the prevention and management of heart disease and strokes, and to fund medical research regarding the causes of these conditions. The organization was founded in 1952.
In 2005, the Foundation spent almost $54 million on research, funding more than 900 researchers and research teams across the country. Since 1956, this has totalled more than $1 billion in research support.
The Health Check food information program is also administered by the foundation.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation also provides the free and confidential on-line program the Blood Pressure Action Plan and Heart & Stroke Risk Assessment. These interactive tools help people get a risk profile and then a personalized action plan to reduce their risk and can be accessed by visiting www.heartandstroke.ca/risk  or www.heartandstroke.ca/bp.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living and advocacy.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada Official website
- Heart&Stroke Research Official website
- Health Check Official website
- Ride for Heart Official website
- Heart&Stroke Lottery Official website
- Hoops for Heart Official website
- Heart&Stroke Big Bike Official website
- Jump Rope for Heart Official website
- Fit for Heart Official website
- Research Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency registered charity information database
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society
- Canadian Health Network (CHN)
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies