- glycine + oxaloacetate <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> glyoxylate + L-aspartate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is glycine:oxaloacetate aminotransferase. This enzyme is also called glycine-oxalacetate aminotransferase. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Gibbs RG and Morris JG (1966). "Formation of glycine from glyoxylate in Micrococcus denitrificans". Biochem. J. 99: 27.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37277-90-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies