- chlorogenate + H2O caffeate + quinate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is chlorogenate hydrolase. Other names in common use include chlorogenase, and chlorogenic acid esterase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Schobel B, Pollmann W (1980). "Isolation and characterization of a chlorogenic acid esterase from Aspergillus niger". Z. Naturforsch. [C]. 35: 209&ndash, 12. PMID 7385941.
- Schobel B, Pollmann W (1980). "[Further characterization of a chlorogenic acid hydrolase from Aspergillus niger (author's transl)]". Z. Naturforsch. [C]. 35: 699&ndash, 701. PMID 7445677.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 74082-59-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|