- chitin + H2O chitosan + acetate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is chitin amidohydrolase. This enzyme participates in aminosugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Araki Y, Ito E (1974). "A pathway of chitosan formation in Mucor rouxii: enzymatic deacetylation of chitin". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 56: 669&ndash, 75. PMID 4826874.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 56379-60-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|