- CDP-glycerol + H2O CMP + sn-glycerol 3-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on acid anhydrides in phosphorus-containing anhydrides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is CDP-glycerol phosphoglycerohydrolase. Other names in common use include CDP-glycerol pyrophosphatase, and cytidine diphosphoglycerol pyrophosphatase. This enzyme participates in glycerophospholipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- GLASER L (1965). "THE SYNTHESIS OF TEICHOIC ACID. IV. ON THE REGULATION OF CYTIDINE 5'-DIPHOSPHATEGLYCEROL CONCENTRATION". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 101: 6&ndash, 15. PMID 14329291.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37289-28-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|