- a 6-O-(beta-D-xylopyranosyl)-beta-D-glucopyranoside + H2O 6-O-(beta-D-xylopyranosyl)-beta-D-glucopyranose + an alcohol
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those glycosidases that hydrolyse O- and S-glycosyl compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 6-O-(beta-D-xylopyranosyl)-beta-D-glucopyranoside 6-O-(beta-D-xylosyl)-beta-D-glucohydrolase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Nagata T and Sakata K (1998). "Characterization of beta-primeverosidase, being concerned with alcoholic aroma formation in tea leaves to be processed into black tea, and preliminary observations on its substrate specificity". J. Agric. Food Chem. 46: 1712&ndash, 1718.
- Tong Q and Sakata K (1997). "Purification of a beta-primeverosidase concerned with alcoholic aroma formation in tea leaves (cv. Shuxian) to be processed to oolong tea". J. Agric. Food Chem. 45: 877&ndash, 882.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|