- N-amidino-L-aspartate + H2O L-aspartate + urea
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amidines. The systematic name of this enzyme class is N-amidino-L-aspartate amidinohydrolase. This enzyme is also called amidinoaspartic amidinohydrolase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Milstien S, Goldman P (1972). "Metabolism of guanidinosuccinic acid. I. Characterization of a specific amidino hydrolase from Pseudomonas chlororaphis". J. Biol. Chem. 247: 6280&ndash, 3. PMID 4651648.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37325-60-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|