- alpha-ribazole 5'-phosphate + H2O alpha-ribazole + phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric monoester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is alpha-ribazole-5'-phosphate phosphohydrolase. This enzyme is also called CobC. This enzyme participates in porphyrin and chlorophyll metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- O'Toole GA, Trzebiatowski JR, Escalante-Semerena JC (1994). "The cobC gene of Salmonella typhimurium codes for a novel phosphatase involved in the assembly of the nucleotide loop of cobalamin". J. Biol. Chem. 269: 26503&ndash, 11. PMID 7929373.
- Warren MJ, Raux E, Schubert HL, Escalante-Semerena JC (2002). "The biosynthesis of adenosylcobalamin (vitamin B12)". Nat. Prod. Rep. 19: 390&ndash, 412. PMID 12195810.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 251991-06-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|