- 5-aminopentanoate + 2-oxoglutarate <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> 5-oxopentanoate + L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 5-aminopentanoate:2-oxoglutarate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include 5-aminovalerate aminotransferase, delta-aminovalerate aminotransferase, and delta-aminovalerate transaminase. This enzyme participates in lysine degradation. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Ichihara A, Ichihara EA and Suda M (Tokyo). "Metabolism of L-lysine by bacterial enzymes. IV. delta-Aminovaleric acid-glutamic acid transaminase". J. Biochem.: 412–420.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37277-97-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies