- 4-hydroxy-L-glutamate + 2-oxoglutarate <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> 4-hydroxy-2-oxoglutarate + L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-hydroxy-L-glutamate:2-oxoglutarate aminotransferase. This enzyme is also called 4-hydroxyglutamate aminotransferase. This enzyme participates in arginine and proline metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- GOLDSTONE A, ADAMS E (1962). "Metabolism of gamma-hydroxyglutamic acid. I. Conversion to alpha-hydroxy-gamma-ketoglutarate by purified glutamic-aspartic transaminase to rat liver". J. Biol. Chem. 237: 3476–85. PMID 13948827.
- KURATOMI K, FUKUNAGA K, KOBAYASHI Y (1963). "THE METABOLISM OF GAMMA-HYDROXYGLUTAMATE IN RAT LIVER. II. A TRANSAMINASE CONCERNED IN GAMMA-HYDROXYGLUTAMATE METABOLISM". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 78: 629–36. PMID 14089443.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37277-86-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies