- 4-hydroxybenzoyl-CoA + H2O 4-hydroxybenzoate + CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on thioester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-hydroxybenzoyl-CoA hydrolase. This enzyme participates in 2,4-dichlorobenzoate degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Chang KH, Liang PH, Beck W, Scholten JD, Dunaway-Mariano D (1992). "Isolation and characterization of the three polypeptide components of 4-chlorobenzoate dehalogenase from Pseudomonas sp. strain CBS-3". Biochemistry. 31: 5605&ndash, 10. PMID 1610806.
- Dunaway-Mariano D, Babbitt PC (1994). "On the origins and functions of the enzymes of the 4-chlorobenzoate to 4-hydroxybenzoate converting pathway". Biodegradation. 5: 259&ndash, 76. PMID 7765837.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 141583-19-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|