- a 2-deoxy-alpha-D-glucoside + H2O 2-deoxy-D-glucose + an alcohol
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those glycosidases that hydrolyse O- and S-glycosyl compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-deoxy-alpha-D-glucoside deoxyglucohydrolase. Other names in common use include 2-deoxy-alpha-glucosidase, and 2-deoxy-alpha-D-glucosidase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- AC (1984). "Identification of a glycosidase activity with apparent specificity for 2-deoxy-D-glucose in glycosidic linkage". Eur. J. Biochem. 143: 159&ndash, 63. PMID 6468386.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 92480-05-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|