- methyl-2-alpha-L-fucopyranosyl-beta-D-galactoside + H2O L-fucose + methyl beta-D-galactoside
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those glycosidases that hydrolyse O- and S-glycosyl compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-alpha-L-fucopyranosyl-beta-D-galactoside fucohydrolase. Other names in common use include almond emulsin fucosidase, and alpha-(1->2)-L-fucosidase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Bahl OP (1970). "Glycosidases of aspergillus niger. II. Purification and general properties of 1,2-alpha-L-fucosidase". J. Biol. Chem. 245: 299&ndash, 304. PMID 5460888.
- Ogata-Arakawa M, Muramatsu T, Kobata A (1977). "alpha-L-fucosidases from almond emulsin: characterization of the two enzymes with different specificities". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 181: 353&ndash, 8. PMID 18111.
- Reglero A, Cabezas JA (1976). "Glycosidases of molluscs. Purification and properties of alpha-L-fucosidase from Chamelea gallina L". Eur. J. Biochem. 66: 379&ndash, 87. PMID 7458.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37288-45-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|