- palmitoyl-CoA + [myelin proteolipid] CoA + O-palmitoyl-[myelin proteolipid]
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is palmitoyl-CoA:[myelin-proteolipid] O-palmitoyltransferase. Other names in common use include myelin PLP acyltransferase, acyl-protein synthetase, and myelin-proteolipid O-palmitoyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Bizzozero OA, McGarry JF, Lees MB (1987). "Acylation of endogenous myelin proteolipid protein with different acyl-CoAs". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 2138&ndash, 45. PMID 3818589.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 82657-98-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|