- (S)-methylmalonyl-CoA + H2O methylmalonate + CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on thioester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-methylmalonyl-CoA hydrolase. This enzyme is also called D-methylmalonyl-coenzyme A hydrolase. This enzyme participates in propanoate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Kovachy RJ, Copley SD, Allen RH (1983). "Recognition, isolation, and characterization of rat liver D-methylmalonyl coenzyme A hydrolase". J. Biol. Chem. 258: 11415&ndash, 21. PMID 6885824.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 87928-03-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|