- (S)-scoulerine + NADPH + H+ + O2 (S)-cheilanthifoline + NADP+ + 2 H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2 with NADH or NADPH as one donor, and the other dehydrogenated. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-scoulerine,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (methylenedioxy-bridge-forming). This enzyme is also called (S)-scoulerine oxidase (methylenedioxy-bridge-forming). This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Bauer W and Zenk MH (1991). "Two methylenedioxy bridge-forming cytochrome P-450 dependent enzymes are involved in (S)-stylopine biosynthesis". Phytochemistry. 30: 2953&ndash, 2961.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 138791-27-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.14 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|