Difference between revisions of "Oviduct"

Jump to: navigation, search
m (1 revision(s))
m (Robot: Automated text replacement (-(?ms)^(.*)$ +\1 {{WikiDoc Help Menu}}))
Line 17: Line 17:
{{WikiDoc Help Menu}}

Revision as of 22:04, 19 October 2007

Oviduct is also another name for Fallopian tube

In oviparous animals (those that lay eggs), the passage from the ovaries to the outside of the body is known as the oviduct. The eggs travel along the oviduct.

Oviduct of a laying hen
1 Infundibulum, 2 Magnum, 3 Isthmus, 4 Shell Gland, 5 Vagina with egg inside

The oviduct in birds is divided in several parts: