- ATP + myo-inositol ADP + 1D-myo-inositol 3-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:myo-inositol 1-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include inositol-1-kinase (phosphorylating), myoinositol kinase, and myo-inositol 1-kinase. This enzyme participates in inositol phosphate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- English PD, Dietz M and Albersheim P (1966). "Myoinositol kinase: partial purification and identification of product". Science. 151: 198&ndash, 199.
- and Loewus FA (1982). "Enantiomeric form of myo-inositol-1-phosphate produced by myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase and myoinositol kinase in higher-plants". Plant Physiol. 70: 1661&ndash, 1663.
- Stephens LR, Kay RR, Irvine RF (1990). "A myo-inositol D-3 hydroxykinase activity in Dictyostelium". Biochem. J. 272: 201&ndash, 10. PMID 2176081.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37278-07-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|