- UDP-galactose + glycoprotein N-acetyl-D-galactosamine UDP + glycoprotein D-galactosyl-1,3-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-galactose:glycoprotein-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine 3-beta-D-galactosyltransferase. This enzyme is also called uridine diphosphogalactose-mucin beta-(1->3)-galactosyltransferase. This enzyme participates in o-glycan biosynthesis and glycan structures - biosynthesis 1.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Hesford FJ, Berger EG, Van den Eijnden DH (1981). "Identification of the product formed by human erythrocyte galactosyltransferase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 659: 302&ndash, 11. PMID 6789880.
- Mendicino J, Sivakami S, Davila M, Chandrasekaran EV (1982). "Purification and properties of UDP-gal:N-acetylgalactosaminide mucin: beta 1,3-galactosyltransferase from swine trachea mucosa". J. Biol. Chem. 257: 3987&ndash, 94. PMID 6801057.
- Schachter H, Narasimhan S, Gleeson P, Vella G (1983). "Glycosyltransferases involved in elongation of N-glycosidically linked oligosaccharides of the complex or N-acetyllactosamine type". Methods. Enzymol. 98: 98&ndash, 134. PMID 6366476.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 97089-61-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|