Down syndrome x ray
Down syndrome Microchapters
Down syndrome x ray On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Down syndrome x ray
Editor-In-Chief: C. Michael Gibson, M.S., M.D. ; Associate Editor(s)-in-Chief: Dildar Hussain, MBBS 
There are no x-ray findings associated with Down syndrome. However, an x-ray may be helpful in the diagnosis of complications of Down syndrome which include atrial septal defect, ventricular septal defect,atrioventricular septal defect, patent ductus arteriosus, 11 ribs, omphalocoele, mickey mouse pelvis, flaring of iliac wings, hyper-segmented sternum, joint laxity or dislocations, Developmental dysplasia of the hip, atlanto-axial subluxation, atlanto-occipital instability and hypoplastic posterior arch of C1. On X-ray of hands short hands with shortened phalanges and clinodactyly because of hypoplastic middle phalanx of the fifth finger can also be present.
- There are no x-ray findings associated with Down syndrome. However, an x-ray may be helpful in the diagnosis of complications of Down syndrome which include:
- Atrial septal defect
- Ventricular septal defect
- Atrioventricular septal defect
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- 11 ribs and omphalocoele
- Mickey mouse pelvis
- Flaring of iliac wings
- Hyper-segmented sternum
- Joint laxity or dislocations
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip
- Atlanto-axial subluxation
- Atlanto-occipital instability
- Hypoplastic posterior arch of C1
- On X-ray of hands short hands with shortened phalanges and clinodactyly because of hypoplastic middle phalanx of the fifth finger can also be present
- ↑ Kriss, Vesna Martich (2016). "Down Syndrome: Imaging of Multiorgan Involvement". Clinical Pediatrics. 38 (8): 441–449. doi:10.1177/000992289903800801. ISSN 0009-9228.
- ↑ Stalin Elanchezhian V, Kandaswamy M, Ponnuswamy MN (January 2008). "1-(2,4-Dinitro-phen-yl)-5-ferrocenyl-3-methyl-1H-pyrazole". Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 64 (Pt 2): m265. doi:10.1107/S1600536807067384. PMC 2960418. PMID 21201250.
- ↑ Tennstedt, C; Chaoui, R; Korner, H; Dietel, M (1999). "Spectrum of congenital heart defects and extracardiac malformations associated with chromosomal abnormalities: results of a seven year necropsy study". Heart. 82 (1): 34–39. doi:10.1136/hrt.82.1.34. ISSN 1355-6037.
- ↑ Aminoff, Michael (2008). Neurology and general medicine. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone. ISBN 0443067074.