- CTP + D-ribitol 5-phosphate diphosphate + CDP-ribitol
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing nucleotide groups (nucleotidyltransferases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is CTP:D-ribitol-5-phosphate cytidylyltransferase. Other names in common use include CDP ribitol pyrophosphorylase, cytidine diphosphate ribitol pyrophosphorylase, ribitol 5-phosphate cytidylyltransferase, and cytidine diphosphoribitol pyrophosphorylase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Shaw DRD (1962). "Pyrophosphorolysis and enzymic synthesis of cytidine diphosphate glycerol and cytidine diphosphate ribitol". Biochem. J. 82: 297&ndash, 312.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9027-07-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|