- allantoate + H2O ureidoglycine + NH3 + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amidines. The systematic name of this enzyme class is allantoate amidinohydrolase (decarboxylating). This enzyme is also called allantoate amidohydrolase. This enzyme participates in purine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Vogels GD (1966). "Reversible activation of allantoate amidohydrolase by acid-pretreatment and other properties of the enzyme". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 113: 277&ndash, 91. PMID 5328936.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37289-13-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|