- NDP + alpha-D-aldose 1-phosphate phosphate + NDP-aldose
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing nucleotide groups (nucleotidyltransferases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is NDP:alpha-D-aldose-1-phosphate nucleotidyltransferase. Other names in common use include sugar-1-phosphate nucleotidyltransferase, NDPaldose phosphorylase, glucose 1-phosphate inosityltransferase, NDP sugar phosphorylase, nucleoside diphosphosugar phosphorylase, sugar phosphate nucleotidyltransferase, nucleoside diphosphate sugar:orthophosphate nucleotidyltransferase, sugar nucleotide phosphorylase, and NDP:aldose-1-phosphate nucleotidyltransferase. This enzyme participates in nucleotide sugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- CABIB E, CARMINATTI H, WOYSKOVSKY NM (1965). "PHOSPHOROLYSIS OF THE PYROPHOSPHATE BOND OF SUGAR NUCLEOTIDES. II PURIFICATION AND PROPERTIES OF THE ENZYME". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 2114&ndash, 21. PMID 14299635.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9033-61-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|