- acetyl-CoA + H2O + 2-oxobutanoate (R)-2-ethylmalate + CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases that convert acyl groups into alkyl groups on transfer. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:2-oxobutanoate C-acetyltransferase (thioester-hydrolysing, carboxymethyl-forming). Other names in common use include (R)-2-ethylmalate 2-oxobutanoyl-lyase (CoA-acetylating), 2-ethylmalate-3-hydroxybutanedioate synthase, propylmalate synthase, and propylmalic synthase. This enzyme participates in pyruvate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Strassman M, Ceci LN (1967). "A study of acetyl-CoA condensation with alpha-keto acids". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 119: 420&ndash, 8. PMID 6052435.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-01-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|