(R)-pantolactone dehydrogenase (flavin)
- (R)-pantolactone + acceptor 2-dehydropantolactone + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-pantolactone:acceptor oxidoreductase (flavin-containing). Other names in common use include 2-dehydropantolactone reductase (flavin), 2-dehydropantoyl-lactone reductase (flavin), and (R)-pantoyllactone dehydrogenase (flavin).
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Kataoka M, Shimizu S, Yamada H (1992). "Purification and characterization of a novel FMN-dependent enzyme Membrane-bound L-(+)-pantoyl lactone dehydrogenase from Nocardia asteroides". Eur. J. Biochem. 204: 799&ndash, 806. PMID 1541293.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 140879-14-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes