Z-farnesyl diphosphate synthase
- geranyl diphosphate + isopentenyl diphosphate diphosphate + (2Z,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring aryl or alkyl groups other than methyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is geranyl-diphosphate:isopentenyl-diphosphate geranylcistransferase. This enzyme is also called (Z)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- F, Bertini S, Brennan PJ, Crick DC (2001). "Purification, enzymatic characterization, and inhibition of the Z-farnesyl diphosphate synthase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis". J. Biol. Chem. 276: 11624&ndash, 30. PMID 11152452.
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|