Please Take Over This Page and Apply to be Editor-In-Chief for this topic: There can be one or more than one Editor-In-Chief. You may also apply to be an Associate Editor-In-Chief of one of the subtopics below. Please mail us  to indicate your interest in serving either as an Editor-In-Chief of the entire topic or as an Associate Editor-In-Chief for a subtopic. Please be sure to attach your CV and or biographical sketch.
PDBWiki is a user contributed database of protein structure annotations, listing all the protein structures currently available in the Protein Data Bank (PDB). The aims of PDBWiki, focusing on user contributed annotation and classification, have been met by the use of the MediaWiki software system, making PDBWiki a 'Wiki-Database'. 
The Protein Data Bank (PDB) is the central archive of experimentally solved biomolecular structures. However, the PDB only allows data retrieval and does not provide functionality for collaboration or user feedback. In contrast, PDBWiki is a website for sharing expert knowledge about structures deposited in the PDB. Using the same MediaWiki system underlying Wikipedia] it provides online tools for discussing and annotating proteins in a collaborative way. The goal is to create a central and freely accessible repository of user-contributed information that will be useful for anyone working with PDB structures. As such PDBWiki can be considered a part of a wider effort in community-based biological databases curation. 
Currently PDBWiki contains details of more than 50,000 protein structures and over 50 'user-contributed' annotations, making it a significant resource for the structural biology community.
PDBWiki was developed as part of the BioWiki initiative, and was entered into the third International Openfree Bioinformation Contents Competition organised by BiO.CC, the top level biological information web site operated by KOBIC.
- ↑ PDBWiki press release (German). Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics (2007-10-05).
- ↑ Hu, James C. (2008-06-06), "The Emerging World of Wikis", Science, <http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/320/5881/1289b>
- Proteopedia - The collaborative, 3D encyclopedia of proteins and other molecules.
- The Molecular and Cellular Biology 'WikiProject'.
- EcoliWiki is the community annotation component of EcoliHub whose goal is to provide an information resource on the model organism E. coli K-12, phages, plasmids, and mobile genetic elements.
- See also About PDBWiki.
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies