- 2-chloro-2,5-dihydro-5-oxofuran-2-acetate <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> 3-chloro-cis,cis-muconate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically the class of intramolecular lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-chloro-2,5-dihydro-5-oxofuran-2-acetate lyase (decyclizing). This enzyme is also called muconate cycloisomerase II. This enzyme participates in gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane degradation and 1,4-dichlorobenzene degradation. It employs one cofactor, manganese.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Schmidt E, Knackmuss HJ (1980). "Chemical structure and biodegradability of halogenated aromatic compounds. Conversion of chlorinated muconic acids into maleoylacetic acid". Biochem. J. 192: 339–47. PMID 7305906.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 95990-33-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies