Jump to: navigation, search
File:Wobbegong claspers.jpg
The claspers of a wobbegong shark (Orectolobus maculatus).

In biology, a clasper or valva (plural valvae) is a body part of certain male animals, used in mating.

In entomology, it is a structure in male insects that is used to hold the female during copulation.

Male cartilaginous fish also have claspers. These are intromittent organs, used to channel semen into the female's cloaca during copulation.Template:Insect-stub Template:Fish-stub


Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures

Table of Contents In Alphabetical Order | By Individual Diseases | Signs and Symptoms | Physical Examination | Lab Tests | Drugs

Editor Tools Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Permanent link | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies