- ATP + D-glyceraldehyde ADP + D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called triose kinase. This enzyme participates in fructose and mannose metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- HERS HG, KUSAKA T (1953). "[The metabolism of fructose-1-phosphate in the liver.]". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 11: 427&ndash, 37. PMID 13093749.
- Sillero MA, Sillero A, Sols A (1969). "Enzymes involved in fructose metabolism in lir and the glyceraldehyde metabolic crossroads". Eur. J. Biochem. 10: 345&ndash, 50. PMID 5823111.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9030-65-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|