|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Mol. mass||522.264 g/mol|
Surinabant (SR-147,778) is a cannabinoid receptor type 1 antagonist developed by Sanofi-Aventis. It is being investigated as a potential treatment for nicotine addiction, to assist smoking cessation. It may also be developed as an anorectic drug to assist with weight loss, however there are already several CB1 antagonists or inverse agonists on the market or under development for this application, so surinabant is at present mainly being developed as an anti-smoking drug, with possible application in the treatment of other addictive disorders such as alcoholism. Other potential applications such as treatment of ADHD have also been proposed.
- ↑ Rinaldi-Carmona M, Barth F, Congy C, Martinez S, Oustric D, Pério A, Poncelet M, Maruani J, Arnone M, Finance O, Soubrié P, Le Fur G. SR147778 [5-(4-bromophenyl)-1-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-4-ethyl-N-(1-piperidinyl)-1H-pyrazole-3-carboxamide], a new potent and selective antagonist of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor: biochemical and pharmacological characterization. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2004 Sep;310(3):905-14. PMID 15131245
- ↑ Doggrell SA. Will the new CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist SR-147778 have advantages over rimonabant? Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 2005 Mar;14(3):339-42. PMID 15833065
- ↑ Lamota L, Bermudez-Silva FJ, Marco EM, Llorente R, Gallego A, Rodríguez de Fonseca F, Viveros MP. Effects of adolescent nicotine and SR 147778 (Surinabant) administration on food intake, somatic growth and metabolic parameters in rats. Neuropharmacology. 2008 Jan;54(1):194-205. PMID 17720206
- ↑ Gessa GL, Serra S, Vacca G, Carai MA, Colombo G. Suppressing effect of the cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist, SR147778, on alcohol intake and motivational properties of alcohol in alcohol-preferring sP rats. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 2005 Jan-Feb;40(1):46-53. PMID 15582988
- ↑ Lallemand F, De Witte P. SR147778, a CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist, suppresses ethanol preference in chronically alcoholized Wistar rats. Alcohol. 2006 Jul;39(3):125-34. PMID 17127132
- ↑ Louis C, Terranova JP, Decobert M, Bizot JC, Francon D, Alonso R, Cohen C, Griebel G. Surinabant, a new CB1 receptor antagonist, displays efficacy in animal models of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Behavioural Pharmacology 2005; 16:S42.
|Plant cannabinoids||CBD • CBDV • CBN • CBG • CBV • CBL • THC • THC-C4 • THCV|
|Cannabinoid metabolites||11-Hydroxy-THC • 11-nor-9-Carboxy-THC|
|Endogenous cannabinoids||Arachidonoyl ethanolamide (Anandamide or AEA) • 2-Arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG) • 2-Arachidonyl glyceryl ether (noladin ether) • Virodhamine • N-arachidonoyl-dopamine (NADA)|
|Synthetic cannabinoid agonists|
|Endocannabinoid activity enhancers|
|Cannabinoid antagonists and inverse agonists|
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies