Please Take Over This Page and Apply to be Editor-In-Chief for this topic: There can be one or more than one Editor-In-Chief. You may also apply to be an Associate Editor-In-Chief of one of the subtopics below. Please mail us  to indicate your interest in serving either as an Editor-In-Chief of the entire topic or as an Associate Editor-In-Chief for a subtopic. Please be sure to attach your CV and or biographical sketch.
Procedure codes are numbers or alphanumeric codes used to identify specific health interventions taken by medical professionals.
Examples of procedure codes
- International Classification of Procedures in Medicine (ICPM) and International Classification of Health Interventions (ICHI) 
- ICPC-2 (International Classification of Primary Care, which doe not diagnosis codes, reasons for encounter (RFE), and process of care as well as procedure codes)
- Health Care Procedure Coding System (including Current Procedural Terminology) (used in United States)
- ICD-10 Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS) (used in United States)
- ICD-9-CM Volume 3 (subset of ICD-9-CM) (used in United States)
- Canadian Classification of Health Interventions (CCI) (used in Canada. Replaced CCP.) 
- Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) (used in United States) 
- SNOMED (P axis)(english only, translations available but not useful)
- OPS-301 (adaptation of ICPM used in Germany) 
- OPCS-4.2 (used in England) 
- OPCS-4.3 (used in England) 
- Classification des Actes Médicaux (CCAM) (used in France) 
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies