Orthodontic National Group
The Orthodontic National Group was established in 1994 and originated from the British Orthodontic Conference, which holds an Orthodontic Nurses Day.
As an affiliate organisation of the British Orthodontic Society (BOS), the officials and committee members of the ONG the meet at the BOS headquarters at 12 Bridewell Place in London.
The ONG logo is octagonal in shape and depicts an orthodontic bracket, a small but vital item to the majority of orthodontic treatment cases.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the Orthodontic National Group are "To act on behalf of the Dental Nurses to advance high standards by developing the Orthodontic Dental Nurse and Therapists roles."
The objectives of the Orthodontic National Group are:
- To develop the Orthodontic Dental Nurse and Therapists roles within the specialist group
- To provide continuing professional education and development with at least bi-annual study days
- To keep the membership informed by means of the ONG journal and website
- To recommend to the General Dental Council and to relevant bodies any changes needed in legislation
- To liaise with relevant professional bodies to promote the status of the Orthodontic Dental Nurses and Orthodontic Therapists
- To manage the group's finances to achieve its objectives
- To plan for the future
Since 2001 there has only been one membership category. Annual membership is £10.
The ONG hold at least two study days a year.
British Orthodontic Conference
An orthodontic nurse day programme is held at the British Orthodontic Conference (BOC), the main annual conference of the British Orthodontic Society and is organised by ONG committee members.
3M Unitek Orthodontic Dental Nurse of the Year Award
TOC Orthodontic Dental Nurse Prize
This award was established in 2001 and is sponsored by TOC Orthodontics.
BOS Award to an Orthodontic Nurse for Distinguished Service
Established in 2003 and presented annually at the British Orthodontic Conference.
An elected committee is responsible for governing the ONG. There are also regional representatives. The functions of the committee are:
- To meet the aims of the group
- To provide for the needs of its members
- To promote the group within the Dental profession
- To communicate with its members
- To manage the finances of the group to achieve its aims and functions
- To appoint a President and Chief Executive is required
Current Committee Members
|Vice Chairman||Fiona Grist|
|Chief Executive||Janet Robins|
|Finance Officer||Carly Matthews|
|Membership Secretary||Mary Bardet|
|Director of Training||Alex Moss|
|Committee Member||Ann Gowans|
|Diagnoses||Crossbite - Malocclusion - Open bite - Prognathism - Retrognathism|
|Appliances||Archwire - Braces - Headgear - Invisalign - Ligature - Palatal expander - Quad helix - Retainer|
|Procedures||Accelerated Orthodontic Treatment - Cantilever mechanics|
|Other specialties||Endodontology - Periodontology - Prosthodontology|
|Organizations||American Association of Orthodontists - British Orthodontic Society - Canadian Association of Orthodontists - Orthodontic National Group - Orthodontic Technicians Association|
Cleft lip and palate Microchapters
Orthodontic National Group On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Orthodontic National Group
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies