Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 6
|RNA expression pattern|
Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 6, also known as MAP2K6, is a human gene.
This gene encodes a member of the dual specificity protein kinase family, which functions as a mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase kinase. MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals. This protein phosphorylates and activates p38 MAP kinase in response to inflammatory cytokines or environmental stress. As an essential component of p38 MAP kinase mediated signal transduction pathway, this gene is involved in many cellular processes such as stress induced cell cycle arrest, transcription activation and apoptosis.
- Ben-Levy R, Hooper S, Wilson R, et al. (1999). "Nuclear export of the stress-activated protein kinase p38 mediated by its substrate MAPKAP kinase-2.". Curr. Biol. 8 (19): 1049-57. PMID 9768359.
- Tanaka S, Nakamura K, Takahasi N, Suda T (2006). "Role of RANKL in physiological and pathological bone resorption and therapeutics targeting the RANKL-RANK signaling system.". Immunol. Rev. 208: 30-49. doi:10.1111/j.0105-2896.2005.00327.x. PMID 16313339.
- Doza YN, Cuenda A, Thomas GM, et al. (1995). "Activation of the MAP kinase homologue RK requires the phosphorylation of Thr-180 and Tyr-182 and both residues are phosphorylated in chemically stressed KB cells.". FEBS Lett. 364 (2): 223-8. PMID 7750576.
- Maruyama K, Sugano S (1994). "Oligo-capping: a simple method to replace the cap structure of eukaryotic mRNAs with oligoribonucleotides.". Gene 138 (1-2): 171-4. PMID 8125298.
- Han J, Lee JD, Jiang Y, et al. (1996). "Characterization of the structure and function of a novel MAP kinase kinase (MKK6).". J. Biol. Chem. 271 (6): 2886-91. PMID 8621675.
- Raingeaud J, Whitmarsh AJ, Barrett T, et al. (1996). "MKK3- and MKK6-regulated gene expression is mediated by the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signal transduction pathway.". Mol. Cell. Biol. 16 (3): 1247-55. PMID 8622669.
- Stein B, Brady H, Yang MX, et al. (1996). "Cloning and characterization of MEK6, a novel member of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase cascade.". J. Biol. Chem. 271 (19): 11427-33. PMID 8626699.
- Moriguchi T, Kuroyanagi N, Yamaguchi K, et al. (1996). "A novel kinase cascade mediated by mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 6 and MKK3.". J. Biol. Chem. 271 (23): 13675-9. PMID 8663074.
- Cuenda A, Alonso G, Morrice N, et al. (1996). "Purification and cDNA cloning of SAPKK3, the major activator of RK/p38 in stress- and cytokine-stimulated monocytes and epithelial cells.". EMBO J. 15 (16): 4156-64. PMID 8861944.
- Goedert M, Cuenda A, Craxton M, et al. (1997). "Activation of the novel stress-activated protein kinase SAPK4 by cytokines and cellular stresses is mediated by SKK3 (MKK6); comparison of its substrate specificity with that of other SAP kinases.". EMBO J. 16 (12): 3563-71. doi:10.1093/emboj/16.12.3563. PMID 9218798.
- Suzuki Y, Yoshitomo-Nakagawa K, Maruyama K, et al. (1997). "Construction and characterization of a full length-enriched and a 5'-end-enriched cDNA library.". Gene 200 (1-2): 149-56. PMID 9373149.
- Enslen H, Raingeaud J, Davis RJ (1998). "Selective activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase isoforms by the MAP kinase kinases MKK3 and MKK6.". J. Biol. Chem. 273 (3): 1741-8. PMID 9430721.
- Chan-Hui PY, Weaver R (1999). "Human mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase mediates the stress-induced activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase cascades.". Biochem. J. 336 ( Pt 3): 599-609. PMID 9841871.
- Chen Z, Hutchison M, Cobb MH (1999). "Isolation of the protein kinase TAO2 and identification of its mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase binding domain.". J. Biol. Chem. 274 (40): 28803-7. PMID 10497253.
- Cong F, Goff SP (2000). "c-Abl-induced apoptosis, but not cell cycle arrest, requires mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 6 activation.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 96 (24): 13819-24. PMID 10570156.
- Wang X, McGowan CH, Zhao M, et al. (2000). "Involvement of the MKK6-p38gamma cascade in gamma-radiation-induced cell cycle arrest.". Mol. Cell. Biol. 20 (13): 4543-52. PMID 10848581.
- Visconti R, Gadina M, Chiariello M, et al. (2000). "Importance of the MKK6/p38 pathway for interleukin-12-induced STAT4 serine phosphorylation and transcriptional activity.". Blood 96 (5): 1844-52. PMID 10961885.
- Fleming Y, Armstrong CG, Morrice N, et al. (2001). "Synergistic activation of stress-activated protein kinase 1/c-Jun N-terminal kinase (SAPK1/JNK) isoforms by mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 4 (MKK4) and MKK7.". Biochem. J. 352 Pt 1: 145-54. PMID 11062067.
- Vitale G, Bernardi L, Napolitani G, et al. (2001). "Susceptibility of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase family members to proteolysis by anthrax lethal factor.". Biochem. J. 352 Pt 3: 739-45. PMID 11104681.
Kinases: Serine/threonine-specific protein kinases (primarily EC 2.7.11)
|2.7.11||Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase - Protein kinase A - Protein kinase G - Protein kinase C (Protein kinase Mζ) - Rhodopsin - Beta adrenergic receptor - G-protein coupled receptor kinases - Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent - Myosin light-chain) - Phosphorylase - Cyclin-dependent - Mitogen-activated (Extracellular signal-regulated, C-Jun N-terminal (MAPK8, MAPK9), P38 mitogen-activated protein) - MAP3K - GSK-3 - AMP-activated|
|2.7.12||MAP2K (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)|
|18.104.22.168, or unknown||Anti-Mullerian hormone receptor - Ataxia telangiectasia mutated - Aurora (A, B) - Mammalian target of rapamycin - Bone morphogenetic protein receptors (1, 2) - CDKL5 - c-Raf - EIF-2 - Ribosomal s6 - Protein kinase B - PDK1|
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies