Hospital information system
A hospital information system (HIS), variously also called clinical information system (CIS) is a comprehensive, integrated information system designed to manage the administrative, financial and clinical aspects of a hospital. This encompasses paper-based information processing as well as data processing machines.
It can be composed of one or a few software components with specialty-specific extensions as well as of a large variety of sub-systems in medical specialties (e.g. Laboratory Information System, Radiology Information System).
CISs are sometimes separated from HISs in that the former concentrate on patient-related and clinical-state-related data (electronic patient record) whereas the latter keeps track of administrative issues. The distinction is not always clear and there is contradictory evidence against a consistent use of both terms.
- Electronic health record (EHR) / Electronic medical record (EMR)
- Laboratory information system (LIS)
- Radiology information system (RIS)
- Order communication system (OCS)
- PACS (medical imaging)
- Medical technologist
- (French) (English) Mediboard SIH an open source web based HIS.
- PatientOS an open source HIS.
- openHIS an open source HIS.
- worldvista an open source HIS.
- care2x an open source HIS.
- hosxp an open source HIS.
- Health management information systems in developing countries - a key issues guide
- Providing a HIS solution includes trainings and Information system - a key issues guideTemplate:Software-stub
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies