Committee on Data for Science and Technology
CODATA (Committee on Data for Science and Technology) was established in 1966 as an interdisciplinary committee of the International Council of Science (ICSU), formerly the International Council of Scientific Unions. It seeks to improve the compilation, critical evaluation, storage, and retrieval of data of importance to science and technology.
The CODATA Task Group on Fundamental Constants was established in 1969. Its purpose is to periodically provide the international scientific and technological communities with an internationally accepted set of values of the fundamental physical constants and closely related conversion factors for use worldwide. The first such CODATA set was published in 1973, later in 1986, 1998, 2002 and the fifth in 2006.
The CODATA recommended values of fundamental physical constants are published at the NIST Reference on Constants, Units, and Uncertainty.
- ↑ CODATA Recommended Values of the Fundamental Physical Constants: 2006. Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA). NIST.
- Peter J. Mohr and Barry N. Taylor (January 2005). "CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants: 2002" (PDF). Reviews of Modern Physics 77: 1–107. Retrieved on 2008-02-20. An in-depth discussion of how the CODATA constants were selected and determined.
- Mohr, P.J. and Taylor, B.N. (1999). "CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants: 1998". Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data 28: 1713–1852.
- Cox J.D., Wagman D.D. and Medvedev V.A. (1989) CODATA Key values for thermodynamics Hemisphere Publishing Corp., New York. ISBN 0-89116-758-7
- Cohen E.R. and Taylor B.N. (January 1987). "The 1986 CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants". Journal of research of the national bureau of standards 92: 1–13.
- CODATA Fundamental physical constants task group
- ICSU (International Council for Science)
- CODATA Internationally recommended values of the Fundamental Physical Constants
- The NIST References on Constants, Units, and Uncertainty
- Simple table of the 2002 values
- NIST Collection of CODATA documentsbn:কমিটি অন ডাটা ফর সায়েন্স অ্যান্ড টেকনোলজি
de:Committee on Data for Science and Technologyko:과학 기술 데이터 위원회 it:Committee on Data for Science and Technology lt:CODATA hu:CODATAsk:Committee on Data for Science and Technology uk:Комітет з даних для науки і техніки
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies